Three months left to make a Tier 1 visa application from within the UK
02 January 2011
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.
Until the end of March 2011, there is no limit on the number of Tier 1 (General) visa applications that can be made from within the UK. This is now the only way in which you can apply for a Tier 1 (General) visa. Since 23 December 2010 when the temporary limit had been reached it has not been possible to make Tier 1 (General) highly skilled visa applications from outside the UK. However, it is still possible that there will be another legal challenge to the Tier 1 visa temporary limit soon. It seems likely that some people will come to the UK in one of the visa categories mentioned below simply to be able to come under the Tier 1 (General) visa.
You can apply to remain in the UK under the Tier 1 visa if you are already in the UK in one of the following immigration categories:
- Any other Tier 1 category
- Any Tier 2 category
- Any Tier 4 category
- Work permit holder
- Dependent partner of a Tier 4 migrant
- Highly Skilled Migrant Programme
- Self-employed lawyer
- Student (under the Immigration Rules in force until March 2009)
- Student nurse
- Student re-sitting an examination
- Student writing up a thesis
- International Graduates Scheme (or Science and Engineering Graduates Scheme)
- Postgraduate doctor or dentist
- Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme
- Writer, composer or artist
- 06 December 2013 Tier 1 PSW or Tier 4 Student? We can help you find a UK Sponsor and Tier 2 visa!
- 05 December 2013 UK minister calls for cap on EU immigration
- 05 December 2013 UK Prime Minister says Asian chefs will be able to come to UK
- 04 December 2013 Poll shows UK negative about EU immigration
If you wish to immigrate to the UK as a highly skilled migrant you should seriously consider applying now. After March 2011, it will be almost impossible to emigrate to the UK without a job offer.
From April 2011 the Tier 1 schemes that will be available will be the Tier 1 entrepreneur or Tier 1 investor scheme or the new 'exceptional talent' Tier 1 visa scheme. It will be almost impossible to come under the exceptional talent visa. It also seems like that the Tier 1 Post Study Work visa will be abolished soon.
workpermit.com can help you navigate the UK immigration system quickly and efficiently. We have over 20 years experience helping people immigrate to the UK and Countries around the World. Please fill out a free assessment form or give us a call.