UK Tier 2 Visa and Tier 5 visa applicants can now apply online
05 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.UK immigration has announced changes to the application process for Tier 2 visas and Tier 5 visas. The changes will allow applicants applying under Tier 2 and Tier 5 and their dependants who are in the UK to apply online to extend their UK visa. Applicants will still need to submit supporting documents in person or by post after submitting an application online.
- 30 April 2015 Immigrants applying from overseas need Biometric Residence Permits
- 30 April 2015 UK Cabinet disagree over EU search and rescue plans for immigrants
- 29 April 2015 UK Immigration making changes to English language testing in 2015
- 29 April 2015 General Election 2015 Update on UK Immigration
Under the current immigration system, applicants for Tier 2 and Tier 5 visas must submit their application and documents by post, by courier or in person at one of the UK's public enquiry offices. Under the new immigration system the initial application is submitted online.
Under the new visa system going into effect 14 February, in order for your immigration application to be valid, once you submit your online application you will need to do the following:
If you are applying under the non-premium postal route, you must:
- submit any required supporting documents specified as mandatory within 15 working days; and
- book and attend an appointment at a public enquiry office to provide biometric information. You must attend this appointment by the date we request you to.
- you must attend an appointment at a public enquiry office to submit any required supporting documents specified as mandatory, and enrol your biometric information when requested, within 45 working days.
Your application date will be the date you submitted your online visa application. Your application fee will be the fee that is in place on the date when you submit your application online; In the unlikely event that the fee changes between the date when you submit your Tier 2 or Tier 5 UK visa application and the date when you are required to submit your documents you will not be required to pay any additional fees.
If you would like to apply for a UK visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.