UK Immigration to offer premium service for Tier 2 visa applicants from Bangladesh
21 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.British High Commissioner Robert Winnington Gibson announced last week that UK Immigration will soon introduce a special business visa for Bangladeshi businessmen who have strong trade relations with the UK.
- 04 February 2016 UK Domestic Worker Visa Policy Causing increase in Foreign Maid Abuse
- 04 February 2016 Tier 2 visa restrictions causing shortage of Asian chefs in the UK
- 30 January 2016 Extreme Right Fascist anti-immigration demonstration in Dover
- 29 January 2016 Tier 2 visa rules will affect UK manufacturing | The Engineer
The High Commissioner said that the UK has been working hard to create a better trade relationship with Bangladesh. "But to achieve this I would like to see fewer barriers to doing business here," he said.
Gibson said the UK is the largest investor in Bangladesh, with approximately £2 billion worth of investment projects to date. More than 60 UK companies are operating successfully in the cities of Dhaka, Chittagong, Khulna and Sylhet.
According to Gibson, the UK is now the third single largest destination for Bangladesh's exports; Bilateral trade between the two countries grew by 40 percent between 2005 and 2011.
In order to immigrate under a Tier 2 skilled worker visa, applicants must be sponsored by an UK employer and fulfill certain requirements:
- General: for individuals immigrating to the UK with a job offer to fill a position that cannot be filled by a settled worker which may or may not be on the Shortage Occupation List, or for those who earn at least GBP150,000 a year.
- Intra Company Transfers: for employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred by an overseas employer to a skilled job in a UK-based branch of the company.