Special Report: Apply now for Australian Skilled Migration - Office Managers are in demand!
28 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Office Managers looking to emigrate to Australia can apply under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program. Office Managers organise and control the functions and resources of an office such as administrative systems and office personnel. In order to receive a visa, applicants will need to meet the basic requirements for GSM, pass the Australian immigration Points Test and pass an occupation skills assessment to qualify for an Australian visa.
- 22 January 2015 Serco wins 5-year Australian immigration contract
- 30 December 2014 New extended period for Australian Subclass 400 Temporary Work visa
- 08 December 2014 Australia and China agree immigration reforms as part of Free Trade Agreement
- 14 November 2014 Australian Senate votes to save family visas
GSM is for professionals and other skilled migrants who have skills in particular occupations required in Australia and who are not sponsored by an employer. Australian Immigration uses a Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as part of their points system. In order to qualify for skilled migration to Australia, you must nominate an occupation from the SOL. Fortunately, the Office Manager position is on the SOL.
In order to qualify as an Office Manager, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a level of skill commensurate with an AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma in a relevant field.
- If you have no diploma, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Once you have your positive assessment letter from VETASSESS, you can apply for the skilled migration visa electronically and count your assessment points in the points test in order to qualify for the visa.
For the complete list of occupations on the SOL list please visit our information page.
If you wish to benefit from our nearly 25 years of experience in the immigration business call us on +44 (0)344 991 9222 for our London office or +91 11 4120 7222 for our New Delhi office or complete one of our online forms. You can also benefit from regular immigration updates by subscribing to the WorkPermit.com immigration newsletter.