Special Report: Apply now for Australian Skilled Migration - Residential Care Officers are in demand!
21 March 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Currently there is a huge demand for Residential Care Officers in Australia. If you meet the necessary requirements you can emigrate to Australia under the General Skilled Migration (GSM) Program. A Residential Care Officer provides care and supervision for children or disabled persons in group housing or institutional care.
- 15 April 2015 Australian Immigration Department in World Leaders' Security Breach
- 05 March 2015 Australian Prime Minister announces stricter Immigration Rules
- 31 January 2015 Australia launches new pilot visa programme for Indian visitors
- 22 January 2015 Serco wins 5-year Australian immigration contract
In order to qualify as an Residential Care Officer, you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a level of skill commensurate with an Associate Degree or Advanced Diploma.
- If you have no diploma, at least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications. In some instances, relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
In order to be exempt from taking the English Language Test, applicants must:
- Be 32 years old or younger
- Have at least 5-8 years of work experience
- Hold a degree in Nursing
- Be sponsored by an Australian state
Once you have your positive assessment letter from VETASSESS, you can apply for the skilled migration visa electronically and count your assessment points in the points test in order to qualify for the visa.
If you meet the requirements for this occupation, there is a very good chance you can obtain an Australian visa. For the complete list of occupations on the SOL list please visit our information page.
If you wish to benefit from our nearly 25 years of experience in the immigration business call us on +44 (0)344 991 9222 for our London office or +91 11 4120 7222 for our New Delhi office or complete one of our online forms. You can also benefit from regular immigration updates by subscribing to the WorkPermit.com immigration newsletter.