Label-free Australian student visas available for Chinese
13 April 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.The Australian immigration department recently announced that from 1 April 2012, nationals of the People's Republic of China traveling to Australia on student visas will not need to have a visa label in their passport. Label-free visas allow for faster processing of visa applications.
- 09 February 2016 Increasing concerns about Irish overstaying their visas in Australia
- 09 February 2016 Increased number of Australian 457 visas issued in Tasmania
- 27 January 2016 Australian skilled immigration study on Immigrant Partners
- 19 January 2016 Demands for 457 visa reform reignited by Australian business groups
Australian immigration requires all airlines to check visas against departmental databases to ensure that a person holds an Australian visa before allowing them to board a flight to Australia. Once an applicant is granted a visa, the details are recorded in the Department of Immigration and Citizenship's (DIAC) computer systems. These details are then accessed by the staff of all airlines that fly to Australia at airport check-in counters.
DIAC will continue to issue all student visa holders with a grant notification letter informing them of the validity and conditions of their student visa. The notification letter is not in itself sufficient evidence that the student has been issued a visa holder and cannot be used in place of the electronic check at the Airline counter.
As the Ministry of Public Security has advised, they will only allow a person who has been granted a 'label-free' student visa to depart China when they depart:
- from an airport in mainland China travelling on a flight or flights, directly or indirectly, to Australia and hold a boarding pass for their final flight to Australia
- Mainland China transiting by land or ferry through the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region in order to travel on a flight or flights to Australia.
If you would like to apply for an Australian visa, WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.