Survey reveals nearly half of UK citizens interested in emigrating
19 April 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Following a recent poll it was found that almost 50 percent of UK citizens are "seriously considering" emigrating overseas.
Among the important factors UK adults considered were the cost of living, which was named by 52 percent as a good reason for leaving and the weather which scored 37 percent. Also job availability was important to 31 percent and crime 27 percent. However, 25 percent said they would miss Britain's countryside and 19 percent would miss the National Health Service.
Most people said they wished to emigrate to Australia followed by the US, Canada and New Zealand.
If you are interested in emigrating abroad you might want to consider some of the following Work Visas offered in various countries.
Subclass 457 visaYou can immigrate to Australia under a Subclass 457 visa if you sponsored by an eligible employer to fill a nominated skilled position in Australia. Australian employers and overseas employers can sponsor a skilled worker under a 457 visa for any period of time from one day to four years. Family members are also welcome and are allowed to work and/or study during their stay in Australia.
As an employee, you must meet all the following requirements:
- be sponsored by an employer to fill a nominated position
- have skills, qualifications, experience and an employment background which match those required for the position
- demonstrated English language proficiency
- be eligible for any relevant licences or registration required for the nominated position
General Skilled Migration programThis program is for skilled workers who want to immigrate to Australia and who do not have an employer sponsoring them. Independent migrants can apply under the Skilled Independent Migrant Visa (Subclass 175). Under this visa you and your family can live as permanent residents in Australia.
In order to be eligible for this visa you must:
- be under 50 years of age
- have competent English language skills
- have the skills and qualifications that meet the Australian standard for an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List.
Provincial Nominee ProgramMost provinces in Canada have an agreement with the government that allows them to nominate immigrants who wish to settle in that province. If you choose to immigrate to Canada as a provincial nominee, you must first apply to the province where you wish to settle and complete its provincial nomination process.
After you have been nominated by a province or territory, you have to make a separate application to for permanent residence.
Eligibility requirements vary for each province. Read here for more information.
Federal Skilled Worker ProgramThis program is for skilled workers who are selected as permanent residents based on their ability to become economically established in Canada.
For your application to be eligible for processing, you must:
- have a valid offer of arranged employment, OR
- have one year of continuous full-time paid work experience in at least one of the occupations listed here OR
- be an international student enrolled in a PhD program in Canada (or graduated from a Canadian PhD program within the past 12 months) and meet certain criteria.
If you would like to apply for a visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.