British Council to host Tier 4 visa seminars in India
29 June 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Following recent changes in UK Tier 4 student visas and other UK visa changes, the British Council will host several seminars for visa applicants in India. The British Council is a non-governmental organisation that specialises in building cultural and educational relationships between the UK and other countries.
- 04 December 2013 Poll shows UK negative about EU immigration
- 02 December 2013 UK Immigration Minister says 'targeted' spot checks will continue
- 27 November 2013 An independent Scotland would launch a 'green card' immigration scheme
- 27 November 2013 Poll shows UK public in favour of economic immigration
If you have received an offer from a UK Institution, you can attend the seminars to find out more about the UK Tier 4 visa process. The seminars will explain the the latest immigration rules for UK Tier 4 visas.
The upcoming free seminars will be in the following cities:
- Bangalore on 29 June 2012 and 10 August 2012
- Trivandrum on 29 June 2012 and 10 August 2012
- Hyderabad on 02 July 2012 and 13 August 2012
- Chennai on 02 July 2012 and 13 August 2012
Immigration officers from the UK Border Agency will take part in each seminar and be available to answer any visa questions.
Last week British diplomats in India claimed that the recent changes to the UK's immigration policy won't affect genuine Tier 4 visa students who will find the entry process no tougher than before.
"We haven't made significant changes when it comes to students applying to UK universities. We have placed further restrictions on students applying to private colleges because of incidence of fraud," said South Asia regional director of the UK Border Agency Thomas Greig.
Last year, the British high commission issued 30,000 UK Tier 4 student visas in India. Officials said that 75 percent of those who applied were successful.
If you would like to apply for a UK visa workpermit.com can help. workpermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.