Canada to expand Alberta's Temporary Foreign Worker pilot project
17 July 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Canadian immigration has announced they are expanding the Temporary Foreign Worker pilot project which allows Alberta employers to hire highly skilled foreign workers in certain in-demand occupations
- 18 November 2013 Canadian immigration announces changes to Canadian Experience Class
- 07 November 2013 Canada's 2014 immigration plan to 'drive economic growth'
- 25 October 2013 Canadian immigration launches new entrepreneur visa stream
- 07 October 2013 Canadian immigration strike over
The pilot program was originally launched 1 June 2011 and allows eligible immigrants to come to Alberta to work temporarily in a specific occupation. This visa program issues them with a work permit that allows them to move freely between Alberta employers, without requiring authorization from Human Resources and Skills Development Canada/Service Canada.
Effective immediately, the following occupations are part of the Alberta Temporary Foreign Worker pilot program:
- Heavy duty equipment mechanic
- Millwright and industrial mechanic
If you would like to apply for a Canadian visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.