A new report out by a non-profit organization, The Work Foundation, analyses the impact of recent immigration trends in the United Kingdom. Findings generally show that Britain has benefitted from the high levels of immigration over the last ten years. Inflation and interest rates have been lower than expected as a result of increased migration, according to the report. Labor shortages have been alleviated and the economy has been growing steadily. The report also welcomes the UK's new points-based immigration system, but cautions that the Tier system would benefit from greater flexibility.
A new survey by a global employment services company finds that 31% of employers across the world are having a difficult time finding employees. The report found the top three occupation categories most in demand are skilled manual trades, sales representatives, and technicians in the areas of production/operations, engineering, and maintenance.
Many people immediately think about the U.S. H-1B visa when considering immigration to the United States. An H-1B visa can be difficult to obtain, but foreign employees of international companies with a presence in the U.S. have another option: the L-1 visa. Sponsoring companies are not required to be American-owned or even incorporated in the United States to sponsor a foreign worker under an L-1 visa.
|LATEST IMMIGRATION NEWS|
- H-1B filing period recently ended, with all 85,000 available visas for fiscal year 2009 snatched up by US companies eager to hire foreign talent. However, for foreign employees of international companies with a presence in the US, there is another option: the L1 visa. more »
- Britain's economy, and no hard evidence has been found that migrants negatively affect the labor market. The report also welcomes the UK's new points based immigration system -- with some reservations. more »
- Canada face in having their qualifications recognized by local employers. more »
- Australia for the nation's immigration program, according to new research. 69 percent of Australian citizens surveyed in the study said that immigration makes the country stronger. more »
- more »
- Canada more attractive to foreign students, immigration authorities have announced relaxed work permit rules for those who graduate from eligible programs from participating universities. more »
- Ireland for better work opportunities, Latvia itself is having work force troubles. Increasingly, employers must now recruit employees from other countries. more »
- Australia to study on a student visa will automatically be granted permission to work. Permission to work will also apply to eligible family members that will stay with the foreign student in Australia. more »
- Canada has passed legislation that will grant citizenship to people who lost it or never had it in the first place because of unintended consequences in existing and former Canadian immigration law. more »
Immigration Newsletter 23 April 2008
|Rate this newsletter|
workpermit.com is OISC registered. We can submit your UK visa application to be dealt with on the same day, so you don't have to wait.
Call: +44 (0) 20 7842 0800.Already have a job offer in the UK? We can help you get a UK workpermit ».Work, study and become an American citizen. Find out about L-1 visas here »Canada provides some of the top integration programs in the world. Canada visas here »
In the immigration business for 20 years! 1988 - 2008.
Tier 1 visas are here! See our overview of the new Tier system coming into effect during 2008.
A New Zealand points calculator is available. It fully complies with the New Zealand requirements.
RSS Feed for our video news?
|Yes! We have one for you.|
Why don't you give it a try ?
From 01 May 2007, graduates from British universities can qualify for 12-month work visas to remain in-country to develop their career.
Meet thousands of immigrants from many countries!
We have a Russian language version of our website, with a weekly Russian-language newsletter. Sign up and get it by email.
Watch Russian language news videos
Stay connected to the latest immigration news with automatic news updates to your web browser.
Telephone country codesWe have an extensive listing of telephone calling codes for countries of the world. Bookmark us for reference.