Tier 2 general rules for migrants
Call the London Office for a Tier 2 consultation or an appointment.
Some UK visas can take months to be processed by UK Immigration. Or you may have to attend in person at the public enquiry office.
We are OISC registered and, if you are already in the UK, we can submit your visa application and get it processed on the same day! Please note that we only have a limited number of slots each week, so it is advisable to apply as early as possible. Call our London Office on 0344 991 9222 for further details.
Updated May 2013
General rulesIf you are in the UK with any Tier 2 visa, the following rules will apply to you
- Even if you meet the criteria for entry, You may still be refused on other grounds (such as your previous immigration history)
- You must send original documents in support of your application, NOT photocopies. With any document which is not in English or Welsh, you must send a fully certified translation made by a professional translator
- Any incomplete application or an application which does not include the required documents will be refused
- You must be sure that you have applied for, and received, your visa before you arrive in the UK. Your entry clearance application at the local British Embassy or Consulate must be accompanied by a valid Certificate of Sponsorship reference number supplied by your sponsor.
- You are allowed to enter the UK up to 14 days before the employment start date recorded on your Certificate of Sponsorship
- You must be a minimum of 16 years old at the time the application is decided
- If you are sponsored by a limited company then you must not own more than 10% of its shares
- You are not allowed any recourse to public funds (benefits) whilst in the UK
- You must work for your sponsor in the job specified on the Certificate of Sponsorship
- You may take supplementary work and engage in voluntary work
- You must register with the UK Police if you come from certain countries. These countries are:
- North Korea
- Palestine Peru
- Saudi Arabia
- United Arab Emirates