US Consulate General in Nigeria processes US visa applications faster
07 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.The US Consulate General in Nigeria has announced that Nigerian applicants applying for US visas in Lagos, Nigeria will benefit from shorter visa processing times.
- 01 February 2016 US Immigration – Trump loves Muslims!
- 22 January 2016 US Homeland Security amends H-1B1, E-3, CW-1 and EB-1 regulations
- 22 January 2016 US Visa Bulletin for January 2016 benefits Indians
- 19 January 2016 US H-1B and L-1 visa fee increases; Indian IT firms respond
Cockburn stated that over 100,000 Nigerians apply for US Non-Immigrant visas yearly and added, "More than half of the applicants last year were issued entry visas."
An average of 500 people show up at the consulate daily to apply for US visas.
Non-immigrant US Visa Chief, Susanne Grantham, noted that one issue often faced by the visa officers during interview was applicants not putting down their names in the same order in which they appeared on their passport.
Grantham said different criteria are taken into account before visas are issued. Some factors included:
- Making sure that the applicant will use the visa for the intended purpose,
- Suitability of applicant as a non-immigrant,
- Credibility of applicant
- Applicant's job status.