Third Level Graduate Scheme
The Third Level Graduate Scheme is designed to allow foreign graduates from outside the European Economic Area who acquired a primary, masters or doctorate degree from an Irish third level educational institution to remain in Ireland for six months after receipt of their examination results.
The applicant will receive one non-renewable extension to their current student permission for a six month period starting on the date the applicant receives their exam results.
ConditionsAn applicant granted an extension to remain under the Third Level Graduate Scheme will be subject to the following conditions:
- The person will be subject to the terms and conditions of that person's current student permission during the six month period.
- During the six month period the person shall be allowed to work for up to 40 hours per week without an employment permit.
- The person will not be allowed to engage in self employment or operate a business within Ireland.
Required DocumentsThe applicant will be required to submit the following documents:
- An original letter signed by the College Registrar (on College-headed paper) stating that the applicant has completed the course of study satisfactorily and the qualification received
- Current passport
- Current Certificate of Registration issued by the Garda National Immigration Bureau
Looking ForwardOnce the six month extension to stay under the scheme has expired, the person is no longer legally resident in Ireland unless they:
- hold a Green Card or Work Permit
- obtain permission to remain by pursuing further study
- obtain permission through another scheme
With most Irish work-related immigration programs requiring a job offer, the Third Level Graduate Scheme offers an excellent opportunity for students who wish to work toward a life in Ireland.