Bulgarian and Romanian Nationals
- All workpermit.com Immigration and Naturalization Services forms
- Use the Immigration Assessment Form for Ireland
- Employers with inquiries for our services may contact us at our Riga, Latvia office for assistance.
Ireland will continue to restrict access to the Irish labor market for nationals of Bulgaria and Romania.
A few things of note:
- Bulgarians and Romanians will be required to have a valid work permit to take up employment within Ireland, and will continue to be subject to a labor market needs test.
- However, nationals of Bulgaria and Romania already working in Ireland on a valid work permit for an uninterrupted period of 12 months or longer prior to 31 December 2006 will not require a work permit.
- Employers must satisfy a labor markets needs requirement first from within the European Economic Area (EEA), and if this is not possible, then give preference to nationals from Bulgaria and Romania ahead of non-EEA nationals.
Spouses and Dependents of Bulgarians and Romanians
Spouses and dependents of Bulgarian and Romanian nationals who have been working in Ireland for a continuous period of more than 12 months will not require a work permit if they have been legally resident within Ireland.
However, if the spouse or dependent arrives in Ireland after 01 January 2007 then they will require a work permit. They must have a job offer to get the permit, but are not required to have a labor market needs test.