Immigration to Luxembourg
- All workpermit.com Immigration and Naturalization Services forms
- Use the General immigration enquiry form for Luxembourg
Citizens of the European Union and the European Economic Area (EEA) can live and work in Luxembourg without the need for a work permit.
Employers looking for workers are legally required to notify any job vacancy to the Department of Employment (Administration de l'Emploi). An application for a work permit should be lodged before entry to Luxembourg territory with the Department of Employment.
If you live outside the EU/EEA, the following paperwork must be provided to apply for a work permit:
- A certified copy of the applicant's full passport
- A certified copy of all relevant professional diplomas
- An explanatory letter from the prospective employer confirming the employment
- The applicant's CV
- A certified copy of the employment contract
The Department of Employment reserves the right to request any additional documents while processing the application. The application process takes from 4 to 12 weeks.
Upon receipt of a confirmation letter, the applicant should apply for a visa at the Luxembourg Embassy of his country of residence, or the Belgian Embassy in countries where Luxembourg is not directly represented.
If you would like further details, please contact us.
Employers with inquiries for our services may contact us at our Riga, Latvia office for assistance.