Changes to UK sponsorship management system for Tier 2 to Tier 5 Visas
27 January 2010
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.
There will be further changes to the UK Border Agency's sponsorship management system from Monday 22 February 2010. The sponsorship management system is an IT system that allows licensed sponsors to bring in overseas workers and students into the UK.
Following consultation with sponsors and feedback from key stakeholders the following changes have been made:
An A-rated sponsor will be able to confirm that they will support an overseas worker; For the purposes of the application this is confirmation that the overseas worker will not claim public funds;
Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsors only:
- Like Tier 4 sponsors Tier 2 and Tier 5 sponsors will be able to create, assign and pay for certificates in batches. The types of payment includes e-payment, manual payment, and, where applicable, deferring payment.
- Some data from a previous certificate will be automatically carried over to a new certificate for an overseas worker. The sponsor will be able to put data into a single certificate.
- Like Tier 4 sponsors a sponsor's level 1 user will be able to transfer single, group or batch certificates between the sponsor's users.
- It will be possible for sponsors to send a "sponsor note" advising UKBA about minor changes to the certificate of sponsorship (CoS) or a confirmation of acceptance of studies (CAS) before the overseas worker or student uses it. UKBA will be able to view this information when assessing the application.
- It will be easier to input data for a group or batch CoS or CAS based on a previous CoS or CAS within the group or batch. Some CoS or CAS data can be carried over for overseas workers or students so reducing the necessity to re-input data.