Special Report: Apply now for UK Skilled Immigration - Civil Engineers in demand!
28 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.If you are interested in UK immigration you may wish to consider applying soon under the Tier 2 (General) visa category. The UK has a high demand for civil engineers right now. If you have the right skills and qualifications and have a Tier 2 sponsor, you may be able to apply for a UK visa.
- 29 October 2014 Joint UK and Ireland short stay visa announced
- 28 October 2014 UK immigration: new Landlord checks introduced
- 28 October 2014 UK Politician Criticised for Immigration Comments
- 27 October 2014 Cameron to get tough on UK immigration following UKIP victory
- Geo-technical design engineer or specialist
- Soil mechanics engineer
- Mining and coal engineer
- Petroleum engineer
- Drilling engineer
- Reservoir engineer
Tier 2 Visa requirements for Civil EngineersIn order to apply under the Tier 2 (General) category, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a job offer in the UK to fill a position.
- If your occupation is on the Shortage Occupation List the employer will not need to advertise the vacancy.
- You will need to satisfy the Maintenance Requirement for yourself and each of your dependents
- You will need to satisfy the English Language Requirement
- Gain 70 points or more in a Points Test which depends on factors such as your academic qualifications and prospective earnings
Become a SponsorIf you are an employer looking to hire an individual from outside the EU you can do so under the Tier 2 visa if you meet the following requirements:
- Apply to the UK Border Agency for a Sponsorship License
- If the vacancy is not on the shortage occupation list you will need to undertake a Resident Labour Market Test to show that there is no one else available locally (with the right to work in in the UK) who can fill the vacancy.
- You will need to issue a Certificate of Sponsorship to the applicant that you wish to employ.
If you wish to benefit from our nearly 25 years of experience in the immigration business call us on +44 (0)344 991 9222 for our London office or +91 11 4120 7222 for our New Delhi office or complete one of our online forms. You can also benefit from regular immigration updates by subscribing to the WorkPermit.com immigration newsletter.