UK immigration to exempt student interns from cooling off period
30 May 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.UK immigration has announced that students who worked as interns in the UK last summer and wish to return to a graduate job with the same company this summer are now temporarily exempt from Tier 2 cooling off rules. The cooling off rules, introduced to Tier 2 (General) this past February, required Tier 2 migrants to wait at least 12 months from the expiration of their previous visa before they may apply for a further Tier 2 visa.
- 31 May 2016 2,615 Tier 2 Visa Certificates of Sponsorship Available in June
- 24 May 2016 Unannounced UK Immigration audits of Tier 2 Visa sponsors increases
- 20 May 2016 UK National Health Service needs Indian Doctors on Tier 2 Visas
- 13 May 2016 Tier 2 visa changes welcomed by anti-immigrant freelancer group
- be sponsored by the same company where you worked as an intern in the summer of 2011;
- have previously been granted permission under Tier 2 (General) with that company for a temporary job lasting no more than 4 months as an intern or a summer associate;
- have completed a degree course within 18 months of your application;
- be returning to the UK on a graduate trainee scheme; and
- be making a Tier 2 (General) application with a start date on the certificate of sponsorship of 31 October 2012 or before.
Before you apply under the Tier 5 government authorised exchange category, you must have:
- a sponsor (the overarching body); and
- a valid certificate of sponsorship.
If you would like to apply for a UK visa workpermit.com can help. workpermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.