Germany to begin accepting EU Blue Card applications
11 July 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Germany has announced that they will begin accepting EU Blue Card applications for assignments having an effective start date of 1 August 2012. Applicants must have a job offer and work contract prior to applying for the EU Blue Card.
- 06 December 2013 Malta delays plan to 'sell EU citizenship'
- 03 December 2013 Portuguese immigration issues 318 'golden visas'
- 29 November 2013 Pressure grows within EU for immigration controls for Romanians and Bulgarians
- 28 November 2013 Switzerland to hold February 2014 referendum on immigration quotas
Since 2009, each EU-member country has been implementing the Blue Card according to each member state's labour needs.
In April 2012, the Germany's National Parliament passed the EU's Blue Card directive to make it easier for highly-skilled workers to obtain work permits and live in Germany.
According to the Germany's Foreign Office, general requirements for the Blue Card are as follows:
- Applicants must have a university degree and a firm job offer & work contract in Germany.
- Applicants must earn a minimum annual gross salary of €45,000.
- Skills-shortage professions such as engineers, IT experts and doctors must earn a minimum annual gross salary of €35,000.
- EU Blue Card-holders may be eligible for an unlimited German work and residence permit after three years of continuous residence, provided that they also have a valid work contract at the time of application for permanent residence.
- Blue Card-holders with a basic working knowledge of spoken/written German may be eligible to apply for an unlimited work and residence permits after two years of continuous residence.
- Qualified accompanying spouses would be entitled to apply for work authorization regardless of German language skills.
If you would like to apply for a visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.