Canada and US make it easier to apply for NEXUS program
13 July 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has announced that Canada and the US have removed the three-year residency requirement for Canadian and US citizens to apply for the NEXUS program.
- 01 October 2014 Express Entry visa scheme announced for Canada
- 30 September 2014 Canada announces new visit visa application program
- 01 September 2014 First Canadian Start-Up visas issued
- 08 July 2014 Canadian immigration: guidance for Intra Company Transfers
"Taking steps to expand NEXUS membership and enhance its benefits will help ensure more pre-screened travellers enjoy expedited processing at the border," said Vic Toews, Canadian Minister of Public Safety. "Amending the three-year residency requirement will attract new members who would have previously not been eligible to apply to NEXUS. Increased NEXUS membership will encourage cross border travel and create economic benefits for both countries."
The new rules, effective 30 June 2012, extend NEXUS membership eligibility to citizens of Canada or the US currently residing abroad, or who have recently returned to Canada or the US. Previously applicants had to meet a three-year residency requirement in their respective home Country Canada or the US in order to be eligible for the NEXUS program.
NEXUS enables members to save time by:
- using automated self-serve passport and visa check kiosks in dedicated areas at designated US and Canadian airports, and
- Cross the border faster through customs and immigration
If you would like to apply for a Canadian visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.