Canada launches online consultations regarding the Immigrant investor program
02 August 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.As part of Canada's Economic Action Plan 2012, the federal government has launched online consultations to engage the public on ways to improve the federal Immigrant Investor Program.
- 18 November 2013 Canadian immigration announces changes to Canadian Experience Class
- 07 November 2013 Canada's 2014 immigration plan to 'drive economic growth'
- 25 October 2013 Canadian immigration launches new entrepreneur visa stream
- 07 October 2013 Canadian immigration strike over
The Economic Action Plan announced that business immigration programs will be reformed to target more active investment for Canadian growth companies. Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) is now inviting online submissions from stakeholders and the public on how the department can:
- Increase the economic benefit that immigrant investment capital brings to Canada;
- Attract experienced, international investors with the skills and resources needed to ensure they integrate into Canada's economy; and
- Develop efficient and cost-effective ways of delivering an investment program.
"I am open to creative ideas and suggestions from the business community on how to maximize the economic benefits of such programs to Canada," said Kenney.
Last month on 1 July 2012, CIC announced they were temporarily pausing accepting any new Immigrant Investor Program applications in order to review the program. However, even before 1 July 2012, you could not apply to the Immigrant Investor Program because the cap had been reached.
As of 1 July 2012, CIC also placed a temporary pause on new applications under the Federal Skilled Worker Program. However, the temporary pause on Federal Skilled Worker Program applications does not apply to candidates with offers of arranged employment or those applying under the PhD eligibility stream.
The online consultations are open for input until 4 September 2012.
If you would like to apply for a Canadian visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.