- All workpermit.com Immigration and Naturalization Services forms
- Use the Application Form and Document List for Beligium
- Employers with inquiries for our services may contact us at our Riga, Latvia office for assistance.
Belgium is one of the more attractive countries in Europe to live in. It offers economic and political stability, with a relatively low tax regime supported by many exemptions. Belgium offers a high-class quality of life and a safe and healthy environment, in a historic and cultural heritage that is one of the most respected and visited in the world.
There is a significant shortage of IT staff in Belgium. The Belgian government is aware of this shortage and looks more favorably on applications from IT professionals.
Belgium is a member of the Schengen Accord. It is important to note that the maximum allowable stay in Schengen countries is ninety days cumulatively for all member countries within any 180 day period. (For example, if a Business Visitor stays in Belgium for thirty days within six months, he or she may only spend up to sixty days total in all other Schengen countries as a Business Visitor.)
Belgium is divided into three administrative areas:
- The French speaking Waloon area in the south - whose capital is Namur
- The Flemish area in the north - whose capital is Brussels
- The central Brussels area.
Applications for permits are dealt with in the regional capitals, the process is slightly different in each area, but the legislation is the same.