Green Card Permit Scheme
- All workpermit.com Immigration and Naturalization Services forms
- Use the Immigration Assessment Form for Ireland
- Employers with inquiries for our services may contact us at our Riga, Latvia office for assistance.
A Green Card Permit is an employment permit issued to a person which allows the individual to work in Ireland with the specified employer in an occupation where skills shortages exist. It is issued for an initial period of two years, after which it can normally be renewed indefinitely. A job offer with a bona-fide company registered for trading in Ireland is required.
The permit allows an individual to apply for immediate family reunification and time spent under the permit can count towards permanent residency.
There is no need for a labour market assessment test prior to applying for the permit.
Either an employer or an employee can apply for the permit. The employee must possess the relevant qualifications, skills or experience for the desired employment.
Green Card Scheme Occupation Categories
There are two categories of occupations under which the Green Card Scheme can be applied for:
- The annual salary is EUR 60,000 a year or more (excluding bonuses). In this case, the Green Card Permit is available for all occupations, other than those which are contrary to the public interest.
- The annual salary is EUR 30,000 - EUR 59,999 (excluding bonuses). In this case, the Green Card Permit is only good for a restricted number of strategically important occupations.
To receive a Green Card Permit, an individual must have a job offer from a bona-fide company registered with the Companies Registration Office and the Revenue Commissioners. The company must be trading in Ireland. The offer must be on company-headed paper, dated within the previous sixty days, and the offer must be for a period of two or more years.
The offer must specify the following:
- A full description of the proposed employment
- Starting date of employment
- Annual salary, not including bonuses
- Information on required qualifications, skills or experience required for the employment
- First time application: EUR 1,000
- Indefinite Renewal after two years: EUR 1,500