UK Visa Fees to increase on 22 November 2010
17 November 2010
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.
This is a reminder that UK visa fees are due to go up on 22 November 2010. Even if the visa fee increase is delayed again it seems likely that visa fees will go up very soon. Certain UK visa fees for dependents applying to remain in the UK will double or triple in price.
There will also be large increases in UK immigration fees if you are applying for Tier 1 visas and Tier 2 visas from outside the UK. This may put off some people interested in skilled immigration to the UK.
UK Tier visa fee increases are as follows:
- Tier 1 visa at Consular Post from outside the UK £690 to £750
- Tier 1 visa from within the UK £840 to £850
- Tier 2 visa fee from outside the UK £270 to £350
- Tier 2 in-country from £475 to £500
- Tier 4 visa from £199 to £220
- Tier 4 visa from within the UK kept at £357
- Tier 5 visa from £128 to £130
UK Tier dependent visa fee increases are as follows (all from within the UK):
- Tier 1 Dependent visa Postal £129 to £250
- Tier 1 Dependent visa PEO £154 to £300
- Tier 1 Dependent visa Postal CESC £121 to £250
- Tier 2 visa Postal £92 to £150
- Tier 2 visa PEO £118 to £200
- Tier 4 visa PEO £107 to £150
- Tier 5 visa PEO £57 to £150
- Tier 5 visa PEO CESC £52 to £150
Visit Visa fee increases are as follows:
- Visit visa - long 2 year from £230 to £245
- Visit visa - long 5 year from £420 to £450
- Visit visa - long 10 year from £610 to £650
- Settlement visas (permanent residence) increases from £644 to £750
Our UK Immigration Fees page has been updated to show the new fee schedule. These visa fees come on top of previous increases in visa fees in April 2010.
In the long term the visa fee increases could be damaging to the UK. It could put off skilled immigrants needed by the UK economy from coming to the UK.
It could also hurt the tourist industry in the UK. British Citizens wishing to work and travel to non-EU Countries are likely to end up paying more in visa fees as well. Many Countries charge higher visa fees to nationals of Countries that charge their citizens high visa fees.