Canada continues to admit high numbers of skilled immigrants and those on family based Super Visas
09 March 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.According to preliminary data just released by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), Canada continued to admit a high number of new immigrants into the country in 2011.
- 18 November 2013 Canadian immigration announces changes to Canadian Experience Class
- 07 November 2013 Canada's 2014 immigration plan to 'drive economic growth'
- 25 October 2013 Canadian immigration launches new entrepreneur visa stream
- 07 October 2013 Canadian immigration strike over
The Canadian Skilled Worker visa currently has an annual cap of 10,000 new applications with a cap of 500 for each of the 29 occupations. Applicants with a job offer in an occupation where there is a shortage area are not affected by the cap. If you do not have such a job offer there are only a very limited number of visas available; The 500 visa cap per occupation can be reached quite quickly.
"Canada's per-capita immigration rate remains one of the highest in the world. Immigration has always been a sustaining feature of Canada's history and continues to play an important role in building our country," said Citizenship & Immigration Minister Jason Kenney.
Also, the new Parent and Grandparent Super Visa has proved to be a popular choice for new immigrants with more than a thousand applications approved since the programme began in December 2011. There has been an overall approval rate of 77 percent.
"I'm pleased that the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is working as intended and giving large numbers of eligible parents and grandparents an opportunity to spend extended periods of time with their families in Canada," said Kenney.
In order to apply for the Super Visa applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Submit proof that the host child or grandchild meets a minimum income.
- Demonstrate that they have purchased comprehensive Canadian medical insurance.
- Undergo the Immigration Medical Examination.
If you would like to apply for a Canadian visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com has been dealing with visa applications for over twenty years. We have an in-house immigration attorney and would be delighted to have an opportunity to help you with your visa application. Please feel free to contact us for further details.