Australian immigration to host skilled migration seminars
18 June 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Australian Immigration officers will be visiting several cities around the country in the next few weeks to discuss the upcoming changes to the skilled migration program and implementation of SkillSelect.
- 20 May 2013 Australia to double fee for '457' temporary work visa in July
- 17 May 2013 Australia to maintain immigration at 190,000 in 2013/14
- 09 May 2013 Australian immigration minister admits 457 visa 'rorting' claim was a 'forecast'
- 01 May 2013 Australian immigration announces changes to 485 graduate work visa
Immigration officers will be visiting the following Australian cities:
- Swan Hill, Victoria on 18 June
- Horsham, Victoria on 19 June
- Innisfail, Queensland on 26 June
- Tully, Queensland on 27 June
- Mareeba, Queensland on 28 June
"These new arrangements are designed to better respond to labour market demands and form part of ongoing reform of the skilled migration program," a Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) spokesman said. "Intending migrants will be found and nominated for skilled visas by Australian employers or state and territory governments, or they could be invited by the Australian Government to lodge a visa application.
"This will give the government greater control and flexibility to adjust to changes in the economy.
Sponsors must also demonstrate they have a genuine need for the workers and that the skills required cannot be found in their region," they added.
"Our officers will be available to provide a range of information on temporary or permanent employer-sponsored visa options and the concessions available for regional applicants," the spokesman said.
If you would like to apply for an Australian visa, workpermit.com can help. workpermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.