Australian immigration introduces new investor visa
01 June 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Australia is encouraging wealthy immigrants to move to the country with the announcement of a new visa called the Significant Investor visa. The new visa will grant visas to immigrants who can make an investment of at least AUD$5 million in the Australian economy.
- 13 May 2016 Labor plan to cancel Australian 457 visas and offshore gas crisis
- 07 May 2016 Australia seeks entry of UK entrepreneurs on visas!
- 30 April 2016 Tasmania needs UK Dairy Farmers on Australian 457 work visas!
- 30 April 2016 New Australia work visa plan scrapped as government seeks alternatives
In return for investing in the country, Australian immigration will relax certain visa requirements for investors. In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- submit an Expression of Interest in SkillSelect,
- be nominated by a state or territory government, and
- make an investment of at least AUD$5 million into state or territory government bonds, Australian Secrurities and Investment Commission regulated managed funds with a mandate for investing in Australia and/or direct investment into Australian companies.
The visa is expected to be implemented within the next year. Further details will be available closer to the date of implementation.
If you would like to apply for an Australian visa, workpermit.com can help. workpermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.