Australian immigration introduces new investor visa
01 June 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.Australia is encouraging wealthy immigrants to move to the country with the announcement of a new visa called the Significant Investor visa. The new visa will grant visas to immigrants who can make an investment of at least AUD$5 million in the Australian economy.
- 24 November 2015 Australia needs Skilled Tradesmen and Women Immigrants!
- 23 October 2015 Australian skilled immigration: UK teachers in demand
- 06 August 2015 IHMS can't locate refugees due to poor Australian immigration records
- 17 July 2015 Australian 457 visa applications up 15%
In return for investing in the country, Australian immigration will relax certain visa requirements for investors. In order to be eligible, applicants must:
- submit an Expression of Interest in SkillSelect,
- be nominated by a state or territory government, and
- make an investment of at least AUD$5 million into state or territory government bonds, Australian Secrurities and Investment Commission regulated managed funds with a mandate for investing in Australia and/or direct investment into Australian companies.
The visa is expected to be implemented within the next year. Further details will be available closer to the date of implementation.
If you would like to apply for an Australian visa, workpermit.com can help. workpermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with nearly twenty-five years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.