Changes made to UK Tier 1 visa applications
15 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.UK immigration has revised the guidance notes for all Tier 1 visa categories today. The changes include revised policy guidance for all Tier 1 visa categories to include a paragraph about the circumstances under which UK Border Agency officials will contact applicants about missing or incorrect documents.
- 06 August 2014 UK PM criticised for posing for photos during immigration raid
- 06 August 2014 Cameron: New UK immigration rules
- 05 August 2014 UK immigration minister announces new visa system for China
- 04 August 2014 Ken Clarke warns UK's Conservatives not to 'obsess' on immigration
The new guidance states that if the correct documents are not received, UKBA will only contact the applicant for the correct documents if they have submitted:
- A sequence of documents, and some of the documents in the sequence have been omitted (for example, if one bank statement from a series is missing);
- A document is in the wrong format;
- A document that is a copy and not an original document.
These changes affect policy guidance for Tier 1 General, Investor, and Entrepreneur categories.
In addition to these guidance changes, there were also changes to the application procedure announced for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application form for use by applicants who are already in the UK. The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application form and policy guidance have been revised to allow applicants to use money invested in a UK business while they were in a different immigration category towards the funds necessary for an entrepreneur visa application.
The new form is now available, although the old version will be accepted until 5 March 2012.
If you would like to apply for a UK visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.