Changes made to UK Tier 1 visa applications
15 February 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.UK immigration has revised the guidance notes for all Tier 1 visa categories today. The changes include revised policy guidance for all Tier 1 visa categories to include a paragraph about the circumstances under which UK Border Agency officials will contact applicants about missing or incorrect documents.
- 30 September 2015 Tightening of Tier 2 Visa Rules is a 'Threat to London'
- 30 September 2015 Ease tier 2 immigration rules to combat chef shortage, says recruiter
- 17 September 2015 Tier 2 visa problems making NHS staffing crisis worse
- 16 September 2015 UK Immigration revokes more Tier 2 Sponsorship licences
The new guidance states that if the correct documents are not received, UKBA will only contact the applicant for the correct documents if they have submitted:
- A sequence of documents, and some of the documents in the sequence have been omitted (for example, if one bank statement from a series is missing);
- A document is in the wrong format;
- A document that is a copy and not an original document.
These changes affect policy guidance for Tier 1 General, Investor, and Entrepreneur categories.
In addition to these guidance changes, there were also changes to the application procedure announced for the Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application form for use by applicants who are already in the UK. The Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) application form and policy guidance have been revised to allow applicants to use money invested in a UK business while they were in a different immigration category towards the funds necessary for an entrepreneur visa application.
The new form is now available, although the old version will be accepted until 5 March 2012.
If you would like to apply for a UK visa WorkPermit.com can help. WorkPermit.com is a specialist visa consultancy with over twenty years of experience dealing with visa applications. We can help with a wide range of visa applications to your country of choice. Please feel free to contact us for further details.