Increase in UK visa applications from Jamaicans
06 June 2012
For concise and recent immigration information watch our news.The British High Commission has announced that visa applications from Jamaicans wishing to visit the UK this year are up over 30 percent compared to the same period last year.
- 09 December 2013 UK must match pro-immigration rhetoric with action on visas
- 06 December 2013 Tier 1 PSW or Tier 4 Student? We can help you find a UK Sponsor and Tier 2 visa!
- 05 December 2013 UK minister calls for cap on EU immigration
- 05 December 2013 UK Prime Minister says Asian chefs will be able to come to UK
While this increase could be attributed to the upcoming Olympic Games in London, Deputy high commissioner to Jamaica, Graham Glover said that under 10 percent of UK visa applicants have said that they have Olympic tickets and will be spectators at the Games.
"We are pleased to say that visa processing times are also still within our global target of over 90 percent of applications decided within 15 working days," Glover said.
The British High Commission, located in Kingston, Jamaica can process all UK visa applications for Jamaican nationals. To apply for a visa, you must:
- complete and submit a visa application form online;
- book an appointment to submit the application and your biometric information at the visa application centre at the British High Commission in Kingston;
- be ready to enrol your fingerprints and photograph at the visa application centre; and
- make the necessary payments online.