Danish Work Permits
- Obtain a free online Danish immigration assessment now
- All workpermit.com Immigration and Naturalization Services forms
Denmark, like many nations, has a large number of occupations for which they are experiencing a shortage of qualified workers. Denmark maintains a large listing of shortage occupations called the Positive List. If you have a job offer from a Danish employer in an occupation on the Positive List, you can obtain a work and residence permit immediately under the Positive List scheme.
Other conditions also apply. If your occupation requires Danish authorization (such as practicing medicine), you must obtain this authorization before a work and residence permit will be granted. In addition, you must have a written job offer that states your expected salary and employment conditions. Salary and employment conditions must meet Danish standards.
The Positive List
Work and residence permits can be obtained for up to three years under the Positive List scheme with the possibility of extension of up to four years. The Positive List contains occupations in a wide range of fields, such as health care and information technology. You can still live and work in Denmark under the Positive List scheme if your occupation is no longer on the Positive List when you apply for an extension to your work and residence permit.
The Positive List is broken into a number of fields of work:
- Academic Work (includes project management, engineering occupations, lawyers, doctors, and other professional occupations)
- Hotel, Restaurant, Kitchen, Canteen
- IT and Telecommunication
- Educational, Social and Religious Occupations
- Sales, Purchases and Marketing
- Health, Healthcare and Personal Care
- Freight Forwarding, Postal Services, Storage and Engine Operation
- Education and tuition
If you have been granted a work and residence permit under the Positive List, your spouse or partner is also eligible for residence permits. Any children under the age of 18 who live with you are also eligible for residence permits. Your spouse or partner would be eligible to work for the entire period his or her residence permit is valid.