Skilled Regional (subclass 887)
The Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) visa is a second stage permanent visa with no points based requirements. To obtain this visa, an applicant must certain requirements at the time the application is lodged.
An applicant must hold one of the following visas that was granted as the main applicant or as a spouse or interdependent partner of the main applicant:
- a provisional Skilled - Independent Regional (subclass 495) visa
- a provisional Skilled - Designated Area - Sponsored (subclass 496) visa
- a Skilled - Regional Sponsored (subclass 475) visa
- a Skilled - Regional Sponsored (subclass 487) visa
- a Bridging visa A or B granted because the applicant has made a valid application for a subclass 495 or 487 visa
Applicants and dependents must have complied with the conditions of the their current provisional visa and the applicant must have lived for at least two years and worked full time for one year in a Specified Regional Area.
The Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) visa replaced the second stage Skilled – Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 883) visa and the State/Territory Nominated Independent (subclass 137) visa on 01 September 2007.