Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program
If you are thinking about Manitoba immigration, you should consider the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP).
The MPNP speeds up the immigration process for your permanent resident card. The MPNP selects skilled workers with potential for success based on Manitoba's economic and social needs. Being nominated by Manitoba means receiving a certificate that provides faster processing of your Canadian permanent resident card.
Individuals nominated by the Manitoba government, together with their spouse and dependent children, can apply for a permanent resident visa through CIC as a Provincial Nominee.
Immigrants applying under the MPNP must qualify for one of the following streams:
Under the MPNP, you are eligible to apply as a priority applicant and receive expedited processing online if you meet one of these options:
- You are currently working in Manitoba as a temporary foreign worker with a valid temporary work permit and have been working for at least six months.
- You are an International Student and graduated from a publicly funded Manitoba post-secondary institution in at least a one-year program for which you received a certificate, diploma or degree and you have an offer of a long-term, full-time job from a Manitoba employer and have been working in that job at least six months with a valid post-graduation work permit.
- You have been invited to apply under a Strategic Initiative.
- You have a strong connection to Manitoba through having family who live in the province, and you meet the following five factors.
3. You have at least two years of full-time work experience in the past five years.
4. You completed your secondary and post-secondary education in English or French, or scored at least 5 on an International English Language Testing System test.
5. With your application you must submit a Settlement Plan that explains the steps you will take to adapt to life in Manitoba and have it endorsed by a close relative who has lived in Manitoba as a permanent resident for at least one year.
Nominee Program for Business
The Provincial Nominee Program for Business allows Manitoba to recruit and nominate skilled business immigrants and farm owners who have the intent and ability to move to Manitoba and establish or purchase a business or farm or become partners in an existing business.
To qualify for the program skilled workers must have:
- minimum personal net worth of CDN$350,000.
- demonstrated business or farm ownership experience or a minimum of 3 years experience in a senior management role of a successful company.
Young Farmer Nominee Program
If you do not qualify for the Provincial Nominee Program for Business you may be able to immigrate to Manitoba under the Young Farmer Nominee Program.
To qualify under the program applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum personal net worth of CDN$150,000 (after relocating to Manitoba).
- Make a minimum amount of equity investment of CDN$150,000 in Manitoba.
- Principal applicant must be under 40 years of age.
- Have a minimum of three years of farm ownership experience or farm management background.
- Principal applicant (and/or spouse) has marketable skills that would supplement farm income.
- Have conducted a visit to Manitoba for a minimum of seven days to investigate farming opportunities and Manitoba's quality of life prior to applying.
If you are an employer, business owner, investor, skilled worker, or a student looking for more information about Manitoba immigration under Manitoba's Provincial Nominee program, please fill out an enquiry form or contact us directly!