Tier 2 for Skilled Migrants - Intra Company Transfers
Call the London Office for a Tier 2 consultation or an appointment.UK visas can take months to be processed by UK Immigration. Or you may have to attend in person at the public enquiry office.
We are OISC registered and, if you are already in the UK, we can submit your visa application and get it processed on the same day! Please note that we only have a limited number of slots each week, so it is advisable to apply as early as possible. Call our London Office on 0344 991 9222 for further details.
Updated May 2013
IntroductionThis visa is for employees of multi-national companies who are being transferred to a skilled job in a UK-based branch, head office or subsidiary of that organisation.
Summary of employer requirementsIf an international company wants to employ a skilled worker from outside the European Economic Area on a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa it must first
- Register with the UK Border Agency and obtain a Sponsorship License
- Issue a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship to the Intra Company Transferee
If you are responsible for recruitment in the UK for an international company or the UK subsidiary of an international company, and you need assistance in applying for a Tier 2 Sponsorship License then please complete a free evaluation form.
Summary of employee requirementsIn order to be eligible for a Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa you must:
- Have an offer of employment from your overseas employer who must also be a Licensed Sponsor in the UK
- Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship from that employer
- Satisfy the Maintenance Requirement for yourself and any dependants
- Satisfy the English Language Requirement if applying to extend leave beyond 3 years
- Gain 60 points or more in the UK immigration points test. (You must score 70 points or more if you want to extend your stay beyond three years). How you score points is set out below.
The Points Test for Intra Company Transferees
- You must have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship for which you score 30 points
- You must satisfy the Maintenance Requirement for yourself and any dependants for which you score 10 points
- If you are required to satisfy the English Language Requirement(if you are applying to extend leave beyond 3 years) then you will gain 10 points for doing so
- You must obtain a total of 20 points for earning the appropriate salary and allowances:
Appropriate salary and allowancesYou must score 20 points for earning the appropriate salary, inclusive of allowances. How much this is will vary depending on your job and what kind of Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa you are applying for.
Long term staffYou must earn at least £40,000 inclusive of allowances or at least the appropriate rate for the job as laid out in the Codes of Practice for skilled workers, whichever is higher.
Short-term staff, Graduate Trainee, Skills TransferYou must earn at least £24,000 a year, inclusive of allowances or at least the appropriate rate for the job as laid out in the Codes of Practice for skilled workers, whichever is higher.
Applicants who are currently in the UK
- in any Tier 2 (Intra Company Transfer) visa category that was current before 6 April 2011 or
- as an intra-company transfer work permit holder or
- as a representative of an overseas business