Please note that the SBS currently only applies to nationals from Bulgaria and Romania. The programme was scheduled to be phased out by 31 December, 2006, but was retained for both nations upon their accession to the European Union on 01 January, 2007.
The basic requirements for the sector based scheme are as follows:
- You must be a national of Romania or Bulgaria.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30.
- This is a temporary work permit for the UK for a maximum period of twelve months.
- The employer must show that there is a shortage of people in the UK to fill these vacancies and will normally need to advertise to show this.
- You will not be allowed to bring a spouse or dependents with you to the UK.
Are you an employer looking for suitable people? Call us on +44 (0)844 991 9222.
Are you looking for work? Go to the workpermit.com employment center. The only internet employment center designed for people wishing to live and work abroad.